Wednesday, November 24, 2004

Here We Go Again

C.I.A Says Pakistanis Gave Iran Nuclear Aid

So says an article burried in the Washington section of today's New York Times. In keeping with the Chomskian method of mainstream media analysis, let's take a look at the last paragraph first. It informs us that a new intel report from the CIA:

"...restates longstanding concerns that outside experts, including a Pakistani nuclear engineer, may have provided assistance to Al Qaeda as part of its quest to acquire nuclear weapons. "One of our highest concerns is Al Qaeda's stated readiness to attempt unconventional attacks against us," the report says."

Umm-hmm. Now, is anyone else feeling that deja-vu? And who wants to bet me that, in a few months (after a new economic down-turn, or some other damn thing) senior Administraton officials will be quoting this article (or others like it) as the basis for their belief that Iran is sitting pretty on tons of WMD's, all of them poised to strike in the United States?

God, I hope I'm wrong. But you never know...

Well, that's not true. Because I did know. I remember where I was when President Bush gave his now-infamous address to the U.N., all the way back in 2002. I knew. As soon as he opened his mouth I knew, damn him, that we were going to have a war.

I've yet to have any similar experiences with Iran...thank God for small favors...but with a new cabinet full of unqualified yes-people, a Congress full of maniacs, degenerates and outright monsters, and a CIA which has been thuroughly purged of all desenting voices...I'm offering two-to-one odds in favor of *some* military action.

Let's bring 'um on, as the Chimp likes to say. I'm open to all takers.

(With news like this is it any wonder why I waste so much time playing video games?)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your article has a strong start. I would lik eto see follow through on your promise to analyze the New York Times report from the Chompskian framework. It seems as though you have the informmation and knowledge to do so, but have choosen instead to fall back on the over used and unonvincing tactic of stating opinions based on solid fact as though everyone was aware of these facts. This is, I believe, a form of propaganda as it only allows people to get the news from your perspective while being packaged as though the mainstrem and public majority hold these views and that these views based on fact are indeed the fact themselves. I would like to see a full fledged essay grow from this post.